Total Pageviews

Tuesday 20 August 2013

UNIT 5. REPORTED SPEECH.MATERIAL













REPORTED SPEECH TENSE CHANGE LIST 

DIRECT SPEECH REPORTED SPEECH
 Simple Present
"I live in Paris." 
Simple Past
He said he lived in Paris.
Present Continuous
"I'm not feeling well." 
Past Continuous
He said he wasn't feeling well.
 Present Perfect
"I've never been there." 
Past Perfect
He said he had never been there.
Present Perfect Continuous
"She's been working."
Past Perfect Continuous
He said she had been working
Simple Past 
"I saw my mother." 
Past Perfect
He said he had seen his mother.
Future 
"There will be a problem."
Conditional
He said there would be a problem.
Future Continuous
"I'll be leaving soon."
Conditional Continuous
He said he would be leaving soon.
MODALS
Present Modals Past Modals
"I will go." He said he would go.
"I can swim."He said he could swim.
"It may rain." He said it might rain.
"I must go to the bank." He said he had to go to the bank.
"I needn't phone her." He said he didn't need to phone her.
THE FOLLOWING MODAL VERBS DO NOT CHANGE:  
Would, could, might, ought to, needn't have, must have, used to
First Conditional  
"I'll go if they go." 
Second Conditional 
He said he would go if they went.
      
http://www.lingolex.com/espan.htm
JOHN AND SARAH FREE MATERIALS (C) 1998











































No comments:

Post a Comment